Tuesday, February 7, 2012

NY to SF Road Trip: Day ONE



The first day of our road trip was kind of a rough day. We ended up driving down from the Catskills with our UHaul (and car in tow), stopped at our apartment to pack everything into the truck, cleaned and then said our goodbyes to Brooklyn. By the time we left we were pretty wiped. I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry. I'm going to miss the heck out of Brooklyn but we'll be back...someday.

Our goal for Day One was to end up in Ohio. We had to stop in DuBois, PA due to a snowstorm that came out of nowhere. It was pretty scary since we couldn't see more than 1 foot in front of us. I was pretty sure we were going to be sleeping on the side of the road. Luckily Brett was smart enough to follow the only truck that kept driving and we were able to drive 7 more miles to the nearest exit and we stayed in a hotel. Brett handled it like a champ and I was starting to think he was either a truck driver in his past life or he took a UHaul safety class without me knowing it. I, on the other hand, was flipping out. Day Two coming next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment